Free Google Marketing Tools are very useful. Be sure to set up using your own Google account, to ensure you maintain control of your data.
Request full transparency and account ownership of Your Google Marketing Tools and software platforms. In most cases, there is no reason why your business shouldn’t be able to maintain ownership of your Google Analytics, Google My Business, and Google Adwords accounts.
Some agencies set up their client’s accounts under their Google Account and add the clients as Users, but it is best practice to set this up in reverse. When your Google services are set up under your control, you can remove or add whomever you would like, and should you decide to leave an agency, you simply remove past users and update with new users, change your password and take all your data with you.
There are exceptions in cases where business’ use a software platform or website templates, or where you don’t actually own the website and the website is rented. In these cases, you may be out of luck on taking complete control of your Google Analytics.
First, let’s look at the top Google tools that are must-haves if you are interested in marketing your website for maximum exposure, website visitors, engagement, leads, and sales. Do it yourself or ask your online marketing agency to open the following accounts on your behalf.
- Google Account / Gmail Account
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console (formerly Google Webmaster Tools)
- Google Adwords
Start with opening a dedicated Google Account / Gmail Account
Set up a Google account DEDICATED to Google Marketing Only. IE: email@example.com
Record your login and password for safe keeping. Once set up, you can open all other accounts using this same marketing account for each tool. This will make interlinking a snap and offer the following benefits.
- Interlinking your accounts will provide you or your marketer with more complete data for better decision making.
- Maintain your privacy. You don’t want your marketer in your mail or calendars, and your marketer probably doesn’t want to be stumbling into private mail either, which is highly likely when you’re working in multiple windows and multiple accounts.
- A single login and password for ALL Google Tools.
Keep your private inbox clean as all Google Notifications go to a separate inbox for your marketer to manage.
- You are provided with “complete transparency.” You don’t have to understand everything to monitor your performance. A good agency will work with you and help you obtain a basic understanding of the work that’s being performed on your behalf.
- Time to make a change? Simply, disconnect and take all your data with you.
Creating an account is relatively simple. Complete the form in full. Request a text or voice verification to your mobile number, take down the pin number and enter the verification box and that’s it! Create your new account here: https://accounts.google.com/signup
Use this same account to set up Google My Business for local marketing and posting relevant, fresh content with the people who are searching for your business. Create your account here: www.google.ca/MyBusiness/.
When advertising using Google Adwords for Search or Display/Remarketing Advertising, it’s an easy link to Google analytics, which is invaluable in tracking and monitoring your marketing investments. Create your account here: www.google.ca/AdWords/
There is yet another Google Marketing tool that deserves a mention: Google Search Console. This tool was known as “webmaster tools” and they use “webmaster” for a good reason. It’s another invaluable tool used to ensure your website is technically sound. If there are any website issues, your webmaster will be notified. You can create an account here: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ and learn more about the features and benefits of this extremely Google marketing tool.
For Lead Generating Kelowna Web Design & Marketing – Call Blimco Marketing.